Friday, June 14, 2013

Popularity Contest in the ICU…….



A few blogs ago, I told you about my cat friend Lucas. He was recently in the ICU with bladder stones. So I was wondering if he ate some rocks like I did, or if these are some special stones that only cats can eat. They must have been really valuable stones since the super surgeon, Dr. Riecks had to go in and take them out. The only reason anyone wanted the rock that I ate was because I couldn’t poop and my belly hurt. Lucas also spent time with my good friend Dr. Hines who took care of him throughout his ordeal. Dr. Miles and Dr. McReynolds also helped out with his care. So let’s compare notes here: I had two Doctors when I was in the ICU, Lucas had three. I do think I should count Dr. Riecks too, since he and Lucas spent some quality time together while he was doing surgery. I spent a total of six days (not all at one time) and Lucas spent four days in a row. I had many visitors, as did Lucas. I tried to bite the nurses when they took me out and Lucas purred so loud the whole time that they couldn’t check his heart rate. In my defense, I am unable to purr so that is not a fair comparison, though the biting thing probably lessened my popularity. I like Lucas and all; I just don’t like him moving in on my fans and caregivers. I am in no hurry to return to the ICU, but if I do, I would like to know that I am the most special patient and all four of the Internal Medicine Doctors should be catering to my needs and maybe two surgeons. I think that would even out the contest, don’t you?

Chuck
Solid as a Rock

Chuck and his buddy Lucas





1 comment: