Friday, November 9, 2012

I would like to address a topic that is hard for us shorties to discuss and that is our weight. I was, for a time, a little bit overweight, especially for my size. I know you find this hard to believe since I am certainly not obsessed with food.

Anyway, I once ate a rock and had to have abdominal surgery to get it out. Dr. Bauer, our orthopedic vet friend, was kind enough to point out that the rock didn’t belong in my stomach. Who knew? So since he is an orthopedic guy, I figured I could get out of it, but no such luck.

I got to stay in the posh ICU for three days after my surgery. I was treated to turkey meat and baby food. This was not my idea of a weight loss plan since it was very tasty. So I lost a few pounds and continued on the baby food regimen and now I get vegetables, ham and a variety of baby food.

That rock was the best thing that ever happened to me. Though I haven’t eaten one since.

Chuck
Dietician Expert

No comments:

Post a Comment