Friday, December 14, 2012

Leg-Ow-Hurties

At Colorado Canine Orthopedics, they do many surgeries. Some dogs have bad knees or hips or broken legs. I never thought that I would need their services. One day Dr. Swainson was watching me run around like an idiot and he told my Mom that my hips looked funny. She laughed and so did I since we thought he was kidding. Then they actually took pictures of my hips. (I am very photogenic). Surgery? You are kidding.

Come to find out that I had a hip disease called Legg-Calve-Perthes. I am thinking what do I have to do with cows? I couldn’t remember the name so I call it “leg-ow-hurties”. My little dog hips did hurt, but I didn’t tell my Mom since I knew she would worry. Dr. Bauer ended up doing surgery on both of my hips.

After the surgery, I looked like I wasn’t wearing any pants. Both of my legs had been shaved and it was wintertime and Christmas. Not the gift that I had been hoping for, but my hips didn’t hurt anymore. It took a little while, and I had to go to dog rehab where they have an underwater treadmill. That was pretty fun. I wore a little life jacket and everything. I can now run, run, run and my Mom can’t catch me. That is when she calls me funny names that I can’t repeat.

Chuck
One hip dude

No comments:

Post a Comment