Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chuck’s Day of Independence


Independence Day for Chihuahuas goes something like this: We get to sleep in as late as we want. We get to eat as many times as we want throughout the day which should include barbeque items, potato salad and hot dogs for sure. Then we should have little dog fireworks that don’t make any noise, and maybe some festive beverages that smell and taste like Mexican beer. Now I haven’t checked with any of my Chihuahua friends, I just came up with all of this by myself and I hope that the rest of the little dog clan will just go along. We deserve a celebration just as much as any other dog, and maybe more because people make fun of us sometimes and big dogs act like we aren’t real dogs. So maybe I don’t always act like a real dog, but I can lift a leg with the rest of the big guys if the situation calls for that and I can howl and lick my underparts. Sorry, I got off the subject there for a minute. The 4th of July has Chuck written all over it. I am guessing this holiday was also created with me in mind knowing that I like holiday attention. I’m just saying…. So heat up that grill and fix me up a plate. I will be on my best behavior until I start eating, then it is all dogs for themselves. When I am scarfing I am not sharing. It should be re-named 
In- ME –pendence day.

Chuck
Firecracker        
Where are my sparklers? I think I might have eaten them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment