Friday, July 26, 2013

Watermelon Withdrawal


It is summer time, which means fruit, fruit and more fruit. I love all kinds of fruit and beg for it frequently. When my Mom pulls out the strawberries, I am waiting. When she pulls out the cantaloupe, I am waiting. I wish I could go to the store with her and have my pick of all the fine fruit selections. Maybe she could pretend that I am a service dog and I could get a little vest that says not to bother me because I am working. I would be working hard at getting some fruit. Watermelon is probably my favorite since it is so tasty. The only problem with watermelon is the container that it comes in. I can’t bite or scratch my way through it and if I try too hard, it rolls away from me like a big green ball, which could probably squash me if I got in its way. Once again, I am totally dependent on the generosity of my human caretakers to cut that thing up and give me some. This is how I have finely tuned my begging skills so that no one is a match for my overpowering gift of persuasion. Ok so sometimes, I am not on my game and someone actually says no, but I will keep trying. Let me give you my recipe for a watermelon smoothie so that you can enjoy my favorite fruit of the summer with me.
One large chunk of watermelon
Roll it around in your mouth
Swallow as much as you can with one gulp
Enjoy

Chuck
Fruit Bat
(This may require some explanation: when I was a pup, someone said that I looked like a fruit bat. Maybe that is why I like fruit so much)

 
Hey could someone get this thing open for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment