Friday, September 5, 2014

DOGGIE DOWNER

I know that no one wants to talk about it and we all pretend that it isn’t happening in our homes, but it is. It is dog depression and it is nothing to be ashamed about. It is something that our furry kind experience from time to time. The causes range from a lack of toys to a missed meal or a missed treat. It can also be attributed to lack of attention or just not enough snuggles. Before you beat yourself up about not paying enough attention to your dog, just know that it can be cured quickly with a special snack or a new toy. We will soon forget why we were depressed in the first place. I have chosen to discuss this since I am suffering from the Chihuahua version of depression right now. Mine has been caused by the departure of our houseguests and their small squealing baby. (If you don’t know what I am talking about, please refer to last week’s blog.) I know I should be happy to have my house back, but it was kind of fun having all of that activity and new people to actually watch me misbehave. It gets kind of boring with my parents because they expect it, but new people are shocked and awed by my horrible behavior. They are also unable to withstand my begging tactics and frequently give me forbidden snacks. My Mom would just look at me and say “not a chance Chuck”, but the new people say “look how cute he is” as they are slipping me a snack. I think our houseguests should come back and stay with us until they figure me out, then we will have to find some new ones to take over. They can even bring back the LOOSE BABY who had more escapes then I did. He was super good about accidentally giving me stuff to eat. Sometimes I had to eat it off the floor or I had to try to lick it (not bite of course) off his chubby little fingers, but it was super tasty. See just talking about food has made me forget all about being depressed. I feel much better now thank you!

CHUCK

Mood Swinger
I should really get out of bed and find some food,
 this blanket is heavy…I haven't the strength.
I should set up a 'Save Chuck' food bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment