Friday, October 10, 2014

FEED ME!

Twice daily, my house becomes a cacophony of barking, howling, whining and complete impatience. Is someone at the door? No. Is an unknown animal nearby? No. Did the mailman or trash man come? No. This disturbance in the universe occurs because it is time to eat. Each of us dogs struggle to wait for our next meal. We commiserate with each other through our howling and barking. We notice that our fellow dogs are starving. Our little ribs are poking out. We haven’t eaten in forever. You cannot get the dishes down fast enough. Did we have breakfast? I can’t remember. If my Mom would just give me a giant bowl that would last me all day, I might be a happier dog. By listening to all of us at mealtime, one would think that we have NEVER been fed. Of course that isn’t true, but it feels that way in the moment. Do people do this too, I wonder? Are restaurants full of screaming, whining people who can’t wait for their meal? I suppose not. It is just us furry impatient creatures who just can’t seem to get enough. At my house, even the horses snort and whinny when they sense that food time is approaching. It is like we are all wearing little watches that go off when our breakfast or dinner is due. The little snacks and treats that we receive are like a little appetizer that just makes us want more. Maybe we should get more. Maybe we should have four meals a day instead of two. I’m just sayin’………….

CHUCK

Dinner Bell

Why did you give me an empty bowl? Can't you see how shaky and weak I am.
This blog writing really takes it out of a guy like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment