Thursday, October 2, 2014

FALL COLORS

Everyone is always so excited about fall because of the colors. I want to discuss this concept, but first I want to talk about all of the things that I am going to miss as I wave my paw goodbye to summer.

I will miss nude sunbathing in my back yard, all of the flies that chase me through the house while I am howling at them, the afternoon rain showers that make for good naps, the smell of the barbeque and the lure of the food that I am going to steal, the World Cup Soccer games, the longer days so that I can get more naps in, the bicycles that go by my house just so I can bark my big Chihuahua warning and last but not realistic, margaritas that I dream of drinking while sitting outside watching the sunset.

There is lots of stuff that I will miss, but let’s talk about what excites me about fall….
The leaves drop and I get to chase them and eat them if time allows (before I get caught), warm toasty blankets that come out of the dryer for me to snuggle in, getting a little bit more fur on my nearly hairless body, Halloween and Thanksgiving (food centered holidays), shorter days, but longer naps and last but not realistic, attending the Oktoberfest and drinking some pumpkin beer.

I hope my reflections of the seasons have prompted you to think of your own list to look forward to this fall, but please don’t try to eat my leaves or steal any of my beer. I will bite you.

CHUCK

Leaf Blower
Dang, I'm handsome! I just had to say that.
It just blurted out of me, I couldn't help it.
I really should be more modest…whatever that means.
But just look at me, it's totally hard to look away, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment