Friday, October 17, 2014

SHARE AND SHARE ALIKE (Whatever)

People talk about sharing and giving and all of that thoughtful stuff and I just shake my head, scratch my ears and lick my feet. I don’t really get it. What’s mine is mine right? I am entitled to my food, my toys, my bed, but it seems that I am supposed to share. Where did this concept come from? Whoever made it up has never met me or they would have put in an exception clause. Some of us were just born greedy. You just get more stuff by being self-centered and when the world revolves around you, life is good. I sometimes pretend to share so that my Mom will say “Oh, that’s so nice Chuck” while I am thinking “not really Mom.” It is a good way to earn a treat and a friendly pat on the head. I just can’t keep it up very long. Maybe I should just be secretly selfish and no one would really know. I know that you, my blog followers will not betray my trust so let’s just keep this discussion between us. I will snarl more quietly when someone comes near my stuff: just loud enough for my selfish message to get across. I will pretend to share my toy and then snatch it back before anyone is the wiser. I really don’t care what anyone thinks, but I do have a reputation to uphold. Please do your part by telling everyone what a good dog I am….kind, thoughtful, generous, smart, handsome…yadda-yadda-yadda. If you do this for me, you won’t get anything because I am selfish.

Chuck

Generosity Challenged 

This is me pretending to share my new favorite toy (you know for the camera and all).
Cayenne however knows that I am not going to so much as let her look at MY toy.
She's all blurry 'cuz she's shaking her head…she really should know by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment