Thursday, November 26, 2015

THE DAY OF TURKEY

Today is the day that we wait for all year long. Our chance to count our blessings and give thanks for the many gifts we receive in our lives. The time to connect to loved ones and share time together while reflecting on happy memories of other holiday gatherings…..blah blah blah – this day is about the bird, the turkey, the gobbler and the giver of Tryptophan. (You thought I couldn’t spell that word huh? That is what the spell checker is for!) Anyway, let’s face it: we all want the turkey. It doesn’t really matter what goes with it, though we want that stuff too. (pardon the pun) So stuffing, potatoes and all of that have one thing in common: they exist to compliment the turkey. I exist to eat the turkey. I may be small, but I am also considered a little gobbler. I hope that I get an entire turkey to myself this year without having to share with any of the other mangy mutts in my house. There I said it. In the true spirit of the holidays, I am selfish. I hope this doesn’t make you love me any less. You may want a turkey all to yourself too. And don’t forget the pie. If you eat a whole pie and a whole turkey, you won’t need any of the other complimentary food! Happy selfish Thanksgiving!

CHUCK

STUFFED!!!
I GOT MY TURKEY. DO YOU HAVE YOURS?
HEY COULD SOMEONE COOK THIS FOR ME PLEASE. I'M HUNGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment