Friday, August 30, 2013

Howling In The Rain


I am not really afraid of thunderstorms, but I must say the other night was a little scary. We had a HUGE thunderstorm and the thunder sounded a lot like fireworks and the rain just kept coming down as if there were a big giant dog peeing for a really long time. Then we had some stuff coming down that looked like snow and it was really loud, so I will admit, I was a little bit concerned. I have never really been swimming and I am not really interested in starting a swim program so I stayed inside, under my blanket where I felt safe and warm. Once again, I am convinced that the great outdoors is not so great and unless you can buy me a little Chihuahua canoe with little paddles and a roof, I do not plan on spending anytime on water that is moving faster than I can run. I know there are people out there who like the whole river rafting thing, but I am content to watch the water come out of the faucet when I am thirsty and I can watch the water coming from the shower at a safe distance. (I don’t want to take a chance that the shower would involve bathing me.) I no longer sleep in the bathtub because the faucet could accidentally turn on and my sleep would be seriously disturbed. I will wear my little raincoat, but I hope it is more for looks than function. I like fleece way better anyway. Rain slicker or warm and fuzzy, which one sounds better to you? I know me too! Let’s sing together: rain, rain, go away…..

Chuck
Aquatics Director   

I don't think my sister Cayenne is enjoying her dang raincoat eitherbut I know I look good in pretty much anything.
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment