Friday, October 4, 2013

Good Dog Gone Bad……


Some dogs start out being forgiven for their little indiscretions because they are cute little puppies and we all know that puppies make mistakes and really can’t be held accountable. They then grow up to be well-trained dogs who follow all instructions and become predictable in their behaviors. They are good dogs. If I was a good dog as a puppy, just by default, then technically I am a good dog gone bad. I did not become a well-trained dog as I got older and I am certainly not predictable. If anything, my complete rebellion of all attempts to alter my behavior, kind of makes me a bad dog. You might think that I would feel bad about this fact or that I might want to make amends, but not so much. Being a bad dog is much more fun than being a good dog. I can continue to do the things that make ME feel good while not losing sleep over the things that I shouldn’t be doing (according to my Mom). I try to imagine being a good dog, and I got nothin’. How could I give up eating toilet paper and wicker baskets and anything else that might cross my path? That would be like deprivation and I am not into making big sacrifices just for having the title of being “good”. I just don’t see the benefit. I am ok with being a bad dog, but every now and then, I pretend to be sorry for something I did by tucking my tail under or slicking my ears back. Then my Mom sees how sorry I am and she thinks that I am being a good dog. Hmmmmmmm

Chuck
Bad Boy, Bad Boy, Whatcha gonna do?

At least I still look good


No comments:

Post a Comment