Friday, March 20, 2015

A HAPPY TAIL…


Most of you know that my Mom has adopted a few rescues and that I was less than enthusiastic to have them join our household. You see I just didn’t want to share any affection that I might be getting from my parents with them and I certainly didn’t want them eating any of my food. I don’t look at this so much as selfishness, but self preservation. I will admit that having the new dogs has not been that big of a deal. I am still incredibly spoiled and no one gets anywhere near my food. I would like to think that is because of my fierce demeanor and no nonsense look that I have on my little dog face, but the truth is that my Mom feeds me in the closet. There is no one else in there but me, free to scarf at my leisure. OK so this little story is not supposed to be about me…I just wanted to share with you some cool things that have been happening with one of the rescues named Lacey…..
I LOVE MY TOY!!!! CHUCK CAN'T HAVE IT!
When she first arrived, she took forever to eat her food. (I offered to help her out a few times.) Now she eats like she graduated from the “Chuck’s School of Feeding Frenzy.”
She would not take treats from my Mom. (I also offered some assistance with this, but my Mom said no.) Now she daintily takes the treat and runs off to eat it and comes back for more.
She would not let anyone pick her up very easily. She would back into a corner and make them come and get her. Now she runs up to my Mom waiting to be picked up and carried around like a show dog!
I don’t think she had ever had toys before. She was scared of them at first and now she has her favorite fuzzy toy and she squeaks it until I am ready to howl!
All of these things add up to a happy dog who is no longer afraid and I actually kind of like having her around. (Please don’t tell her that I said that! I have a reputation you know!)

GET OUT OF MY BED!- UMM... I MEAN WELCOME LITTLE RESCUE DOG!
Chuck
Happy Tails To You!
Adopt a Shelter Pet!


No comments:

Post a Comment