Friday, July 24, 2020

LITTLE DOG- BIG LIFE

As Chuck's Mom and servant for the last 11 and 1/2 years, I have been entrusted with writing his last blog. Chuck was having some medical issues and was having trouble even walking. We made the choice to try surgery to see if we could fix him. The surgery went great and everything looked hopeful, but he was not able to breathe on his own after the surgery. We made the heartbreaking choice of letting him go. As I write this, I am struck by this little snarky dog that was loved by so many. He was fiercely loyal to those he knew but not so nice to anyone else who got their hand too close to his mouth. I would always tell him "no biting" and he would yawn as if he weren't really planning on biting that person. Each week for the last 8 years, he would show me some silly or naughty thing and that was the blog for the week. He was the perfect combination of rotten and nice and no matter how bad he was, he would always turn it around by being cute and sweet. Like a pro, he would pose for his blog pictures no matter what stupid outfit I put him in. I know he would want me to thank his blog fans for all of the support and love over the years. I remember a blog where he was grounded for doing something super naughty and all these people responded with their support of him and saying I was wrong. Go figure. He was also thankful to all of our wonderful Doctors who took care of him over the years, even at the risk of losing a finger or two. His Dad and I will forever miss our first little dog and so many others will miss him too. Chuck would tell you...."Spoil your dogs, even when they are misbehaving because that is what dogs like to do! If you throw a little bit of ham in the mix, we will behave better!" As we say goodbye to our little ham loving dog, we will remember all of the funny and crazy things he did. We have a million pictures of Chuck, so it was hard to choose, but these are some of our favorites.












13 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss! I loved seeing Chuck in his little outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - Chuck had almost as many clothes as me :)

      Delete
  2. I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heartfelt condolences. Your sweet little boy watches over you. May he run free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried through this whole blog..love you my chuckyyyyy!! I will miss you so much on our visits to see your mom and dad! Love you Aunt Jan and Uncle Bob! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuck loved you so much- even when you brought the naked loose baby to his house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... sure did love this boy. I expect there is plenty of ham over the Rainbow Bridge. Peace to all... and thanks for sharing Chuck with all of us. He was such a bright spot in our days. A little bit of snark was just what we all needed and nobody did snark better. Chuck will always be fondly remembered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the best of the snarks! Thank you for loving him!

      Delete
  7. My condolences. As the servant to three chihuahuas that are both naughty & nice, I enjoyed Ham Loving Chuck's adventures. In honor of Chuck the pups will feast on ham tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck would love that! My husband says that July 22nd will be National Ham Day in honor of Chuck.

      Delete
  8. My condolences. As the servant to three chihuahuas that are both naughty & nice, I enjoyed Ham Loving Chuck's adventures. In honor of Chuck the pups will feast on ham tonight

    ReplyDelete