Friday, November 8, 2013

Chuck’s 1st Friend


When I was about a month old, my Mom met a puppy that also needed a home. He was a cattle dog and my Dad had always wanted one of those. At the time, I didn’t know what that meant, but now I think that I could be a cattle dog since you get to be in charge, round everyone up and tell them what to do. As long as there aren’t any real cows to chase, I think I could do that fairly well, but I was not given the opportunity. This puppy was a rescue that was desperately seeking a family so my Mom got him as a surprise for my Dad. His name is Buck and when we were little, we were the best of friends. There weren’t any other dogs at my house that were anywhere close to my size, but Buck was perfect. We would play and I would bite his ears and stuff. You know fun things that you do with your best friend. Well, it didn’t take long for my best friend to outgrow me. He got bigger and I stayed small. We still get to hang out sometimes, but it just isn’t the same. I still bite his ears and he lets me, but I know he could squash me like a tomato if he wanted to. Luckily, he likes me and pretends that I am winning our little imaginary battles and I pretend that too! It is funner that way and perpetuates my oversized ego to make up for my undersized body! I think that is a good thing!

Chuck
Herding Chihuahua  

                       

                 In the beginning...

Stand still Buck I want to bite your ear


See Buck these are all of my blog fans

             

No comments:

Post a Comment